Mr. Hassan concentrates his practice, which spans a period of over fifteen years, on all areas of family law and criminal defense. His family law practice includes issues involving divorce, custody, spousal maintenance, and complex property division. Mr. Hassan has extensive litigation experience and he has appeared before numerous trial court judges throughout the seven county metropolitan area at trials, motion hearings and other contested hearings.
While Mr. Hassan strongly believes in attempting to cooperatively settle or mediate cases, he is also a zealous advocate when litigation is the only viable option. Mr. Hassan has received Financial Early Neutral Evaluation Training and Social Early Neutral Evaluation Training through the Minnesota Judicial Branch and he is currently on the Early Neutral Evaluation rosters of Anoka County, Dakota County and Ramsey County. Mr. Hassan has also received Mediation Training and he is a Qualified Neutral under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice. Mr. Hassan received his Juris Doctorate, cum laude, from the William Mitchell College of Law in 1998. He is currently licensed to practice in the State of Minnesota and Federal Court.
Mr. Hassan is a member of the Minnesota State Bar Association, and is an Adjunct Professor at William Mitchell College of Law. Mr. Hassan has been designated a “Rising Star” by Minnesota Law & Politics magazine and has been an active volunteer at the Tubman Center since 2001.
Current Employment Position :
Areas Of Practice :
- Family Law
- Criminal Defense
- Appellate Practice
- Minnesota, 1998
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, 2003
- William Mitchell College of Law, Saint Paul, Minnesota, 1998, J.D., cum laude
- Luther College, Decorah, Iowa, 1995, B.A.
- Sommer v. Sommer, C7-02-179, filed July 16, 2002
- Young v. Young, C9-02-104, filed June 4, 2002
- Hennepin County v. Johnson, A06-938, filed January 16, 2007
- Van Dyck v. Van Dyck, A06-442, filed February 20, 2007
- In re the Paternity, Custody and Support of A.E.M.L. by J.D.E., and S.M.L., A07-1207, filed July 1, 2008
- Jessica Hafermann and obo PH, KH, and TH v. Kevin Hafermann, A10-591, filed January 4, 2011
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Adjunct Professor, William Mitchell College of Law (2008-present)
- Member, Minnesota Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Member, Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Ramsey County Bar Association
- Dakota County Bar Association
- Former Director, National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, Minnesota Chapter
- Voted “Rising Star” in 2000, 2004, 2008 & 2009 — Minnesota Law and Politics.
Past Employment Positions:
- Associate Attorney, Private Practice, February 1999 – June 2004
- Sixth Judicial District, Law Clerk, The Honorable David P. Sullivan, August 1998 – February 1999
Pro Bono Activities:
- Tubman Center (2001 — present)