Family Law Blog Pay Your Bill Schedule A Consultation
Close  close
Andrew Meyer  |  May 14, 2015

What is a Child Support Magistrate in Minnesota?

If you receive a notice of a hearing related to child support in Minnesota, you may find that the hearing will be presided over by a child support magistrate rather
Read More Long Arrow
Brian J. Clausen  |  March 23, 2015

What can the Court in Minnesota Order Me to Pay for Child Support of a Minor Child?

When a Minnesotan Court calculates a child support obligation, it is typically more than a basic child support amount that is determined. While child support is often calculated according to
Read More Long Arrow
Andrew Meyer  |  January 29, 2015

Does My Overtime Income Count for Calculating Child Support?

Many people wonder whether their overtime income will be considered in determining what their child support obligation will be. The answer depends on the nature of the overtime work. Minnesota
Read More Long Arrow
Farhan  |  January 8, 2015

Is there a limit to how much child support I must pay?

There is a limit or presumptive “cap” on how much child support a parent can be ordered to pay, even if that parent’s income and ability to pay support greatly
Read More Long Arrow
Farhan  |  January 20, 2014

Can I Decrease the Amount of my Child Support Payment?

Under Minnesota Statute § 518A.39, subd. 2, an order for child support may be changed by showing that the terms are unreasonable or unfair including: 1)     a substantial increase or
Read More Long Arrow
Farhan  |  June 27, 2013

Tax Dependency Exemption versus Other Tax Benefits

As discussed in a blog post a few months ago, we discussed the ability of parents to claim a child as a tax dependency exemption following a divorce or custody
Read More Long Arrow
Farhan  |  January 18, 2012

Minnesota Child Support and Military Allowances

Minnesota does consider military allowances as income when calculating child support. Men and women serving in the Military often receive allowances for active duty. These allowances are often called BAH
Read More Long Arrow
Farhan  |  July 14, 2011

Minnesota Public Assistance & Child Support

In a typical Minnesota child support proceeding, there are two parties involved, the Mother and the Father. However, sometimes, the County in which the child support proceeding is taking place
Read More Long Arrow
Farhan  |  April 26, 2011

Non-Custodial Parent and Child Care Expenses

A parent who does not have custody of a child can not claim work-related or education-related child expenses. The argument that a non-custodial parent should be allowed to claim work-related or education-related
Read More Long Arrow
1 2 3