Clausen & Hassan  |  February 1, 2019

Four Tips to Help Children Adjust to a Divorce

Finalizing a divorce is often seen as the “final” step for couples choosing to part ways. However, when children are involved, that is not usually the case. While each family
Read More Long Arrow
Clausen & Hassan  |  November 9, 2017

How to Separate Finances after a Divorce

Most married couples have intertwined their finances through joint bank accounts, joint debts, and joint titles to property. Sometimes, the idea of separating these finances after a divorce can seem
Read More Long Arrow
Clausen & Hassan  |  October 26, 2017

The Name Game: Changing Your Name Post-Divorce in Minnesota

During a divorce, many women (and sometimes men) are faced with the question of whether or not to change their last name back to their maiden name once the marriage
Read More Long Arrow
Clausen & Hassan  |  May 1, 2017

Summary Real Estate Disposition Judgments vs. Quit Claim Deeds

Summary Real Estate Disposition Judgments and Quit Claim Deeds are both documents used in divorce cases in order to transfer one party’s interests in a piece of real property to
Read More Long Arrow
Clausen & Hassan  |  February 15, 2017

My Former Spouse Elected Survivor Benefit Coverage: Can Coverage be Terminated?

Once you/your ex-spouse have worked together to elect former spouse survivor benefit coverage, you should be aware of some triggering events that will terminate the coverage. This will allow you
Read More Long Arrow
Farhan  |  January 16, 2014

What do I do if My Ex is Not Following the Divorce Decree?

Under Minnesota Statute § 588.01, subd. 3(3), the court may hold someone in contempt of court for “disobedience of any lawful judgment, order, or process of the court.” So, for
Read More Long Arrow
Farhan  |  June 8, 2012

Can I move from Minnesota to another state with my children after my divorce is finalized?

After a divorce is finalized, many parents find themselves in a state of transition. A part of this transition may include a contemplated move to another state to secure employment,
Read More Long Arrow
Farhan  |  November 10, 2011

Minnesota Divorce Records

Are Minnesota Divorce Records Public? In Minnesota, a divorce proceeding is a public affair.  It means that any person can go to a particular courthouse and obtain the paperwork relating
Read More Long Arrow
Farhan  |  May 3, 2011

Divorce decree or wedding records – how to get copies

A copy of a Minnesota Divorce Decree, which records a Dissolution of Marriage, can be obtained from the county which granted the divorce.  A copy of the certificate of marriage record
Read More Long Arrow
1 2