Every Divorce Decree typically contains a method of resolving future disputes (e.g. Mediation, Parenting Expeditor, etc) involving child related matters.  After the divorce is completed and if the parties choose, they can either agree to engage in mediation or choose another alternative dispute resolution mechanism (e.g. Parenting Time Expeditor) to address any child access related issues before being able to proceed to Court.  The Court cannot Order the appointment of a Parenting Consultant, absent the parties’ agreement.  Choosing which Alternative Dispute Resolution would be best suited for your needs is a strategic choice.  You should consult with an attorney before you make this determination.

  • Read parenting time dispute resolution statute: link
  • Read mediation statute: link

Schedule Now

Share This Article