Clausen & Hassan  |  November 16, 2017

Can I Move Out of State with my Children?

Some parents have the mistaken belief that, if they have sole physical custody of their children, they can move out of state without permission from the other parent. However, whether
Read More Long Arrow
Farhan  |  August 26, 2015

Child Custody Help: When Your Child is Taken Out of State

What happens when the other parent takes my child and moves to another state without my consent? We can give you the child custody help you need.In Minnesota, and in
Read More Long Arrow
Clausen & Hassan  |  June 24, 2015

Child Custody and Keeping Your Children in Minnesota

Want to keep your children in Minnesota? Take this simple precaution to avoid costly relitigation of child custody. One of the biggest threats to the long-term stability of any stipulated
Read More Long Arrow
Brian J. Clausen  |  February 16, 2015

Parenting Time for the Out-of-State Parent

When I am asked the question from a prospective client as to what I typically see for parenting time for an out-of-state parent, the first analysis I look at is
Read More Long Arrow
Farhan  |  June 8, 2012

Can I move from Minnesota to another state with my children after my divorce is finalized?

After a divorce is finalized, many parents find themselves in a state of transition. A part of this transition may include a contemplated move to another state to secure employment,
Read More Long Arrow
Farhan  |  June 15, 2011

Minnesota child custody and moving outside the state

While the majority of families going through divorce or child custody issues usually reside in the same state, that is not always the case. For example, consider the Matthews family.
Read More Long Arrow